As a Software Engineer at Web Applications UK, you’ll be responsible for designing, building, maintaining and testing both new and existing components for our market-leading range of Travel software. Our engineers have the opportunity to work across the entire development stack, using the latest technologies including:
- .NET 4.6+
- C# 7.0
- SQL Server 2016
As a Microsoft Gold Partner, we’re able to equip our engineers with the best available tools for the job, such as: Visual Studio 2015, SQL Server 2016, MSDN subscription, PC with Windows 10 and SSD, and more. We take huge pride in promoting a culture of learning and personal growth, key elements of our company ethos. Weekly drop-in style training sessions are the norm, and all engineers get half a day a week of Personal Development Time where you’ll get to indulge your passion for technology by building something, breaking something, or learning something new!
- Solid understanding of an object-orientated language e.g. C#, Java
- Experience of relational database design and SQL
- Exposure to version control systems e.g. GIT
- Ability to work off your own initiative
- A desire to be part of a culture of learning, growth and innovation
- A passion for creating amazing solutions for our customers!
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Pension contribution
- Half a day a week Personal Development Time
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home 2 days a month
- Emergency ‘hangover’ days off
- MSDN subscription
- Weekly training sessions
- Microsoft certifications (optional)
- Childcare vouchers
- Gym membership
- Beautiful working environment in a converted mill building
- Open bar company events
- Free cans, tea/coffee, breakfast
- Free car parking
- Easily accessible from Manchester City Centre via Metrolink.
This is a role aimed at fresh graduates with a genuine, demonstrable passion for IT. The ideal candidate is an inquisitive individual who works on projects in their own time, and attends industry events such as tech conferences and coder dojos. You might even have spoken to us at a hackathon!
Sound good? For more information or to apply for the role, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.